Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Interview day!

wow! what a day that i have had! Today was interviewing day and talk about crazy! Jess and i worked late last nite, so never got the chance to brief over the prospecting employees, so we had to get up nice and early and read through there applications and make up direct questions, etc, etc....the usual preinterview stuff. Interviews started at 9:30 and proceeded every 15 minutes and are still going on now at 6 oclock. I abandoned jess, hehhehehe...and left him there to deal with the rest. I was done! (poor jess tho, lol.) The first 2 interviews were awesome!! and the other ones all bombed with one possible exception. We had the smart idea to do all the interviews in one day to get them all out of the way. We are silly, but now know better!!
And, to top it off 5 minutes before the first interview, one of our employees call us up crying her eyes out so much that we couldnt even understand what she was saying. So i had to run over to see if she was ok, and it turned out she was bothered that one of the other employees got a raise and she didnt.
sigh
soooooo glad this day is almost over.
I feel bogged down by work..hehe...tomorrow i have to head over to the states to discuss radio advertising with one of the stations there, and with the traffic over the detroit bridge it will take forever.
ok, enough complaining from me. for now. hehehe
Im going to do something completley relaxing and nice for me this wkend and nobody is going to talk me out of it!!!!!

Just wanted to give a big CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! to Denise D!!!!! who is bringing another beautiful little baby into this world!! sooo happy for you!..

now im off to make some dinner for my hungry children..and get in some scrapping before big brother comes on at 800..and then hopefully i will scrap some more.

5 comments:

Niecey said...

I could so not handle being at the other side of an interview. I find it hard enough being interviewed, but I'd find being the interviewer even harder. I just don't have the people skills. And then having to turn people down...

Aw thank you for the congrats :) :)

Angela said...

Gee.. it does sound like you've had a full on day! I suppose doing it all on the one day, means it's all over with quickly.. :).
I couldn't do it, or deal with employees either... WTG you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jane!! That sounds crazy, I'm on my interview team at work, and it's tough to sit there all day and conduct interviews, I hear ya!! Hope you found some good help!!

Gina said...

Boy that sounds like so much work! Happy scrapping...looking forward to seeing the results!

Tracy Blankenship said...

hope you get some good ones out of it....wish I could work for ya ;) boy am I tired reading about it. lol