Sunday, September 24, 2006

just poppin on to say a quick how do to everybody. I have been such a bad blogger lately! shame on me!
well...another wkend bites the dust...leaving me begging the weekend gods...please oh please! just one more day!!!!!! but nope! denied again!
My week was pretty busy and I was soooo glad when the wkend came...I spent saturday catching up on work til my dad popped over to see the girls. He had just got back from his trip to Ireland visiting his family and he when i told him that Brooke had been missing him, he of course came right over, lol! And when Brooke saw him she ran to him and gave him huge hugs and said "yeahhh...im not crying anymore! papa's home now i'm happy!"
now if that aint a way to a papa's heart i just dont know what is!!
Tomorrow is Jess' bday! Since we are going to be having another insane week of course, we celebrated it today. Jesse's idea of celebrating his birthday is to have me cook. (which i hardly ever do, lol). And it is always the same bday meal. Breaded porkchops and scalloped potatoes. The only problem with that is that i'm no good at cooking anything in oil.....and never once have i been able to make scalloped potatoes properly. Martha stewart has nothing to fear from me! But he eats them happily anyways, lol. Tomorrow when we get home we will have cake....mainly for brooke, ...she keeps thinking that if there is a bday....then 'where is MY cake??'.

On a totally other topic...has anybody not read or seen the davinci code yet? well...if you like puzzles of anykind, or just want to boggle your mind so you can go to sleep...did you know that there are a zillion clues on that books hardcover that leads you in a chase all around the internet to find clues and drive you crazy???? I spent the last 2 hours with jess on the computer trying to solve those darn riddles. I guess there originally was a prize of a trip to paris for the first winner...but us not knowing that spent forever trying to figure it out...and you really need your thinking cap on too...thinking there would be something kewl at the end.
but nope.
just a congratulations way to go...sorry the contest is over. lol...i had no idea it was a contest...i just thought the end would be something neat. Anyways, it is a time killer, and a bit of fun trying to figure it out if anybody is ever bored. It is kind of interesting the amount of time they must have put into it as the clues lead you through the book...the cover...the web.....but then i am a geek for logic puzzles.
okay...im off now. Lots of ads for me to make tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh another Time Killer, you enabler you, that sounds fun!! Happy Birthday Jess!!

Melinda said...

I somehow missed the whole davinci hunt thing when I read the book a while back- probably a good thing LOL!

Your megakit contribution is outstanding! your sponsor LOs gorgeous! and BTW you've been tagged ;)

Angela said...

lol, you just made me get my copy of the book out to have a look.. I've just got the paperback version though with nothing on it :).. probably a good thing!
Love that welcome of Brookes how cute is that? As for cooking, I hate it myself, but I'm stuck doing it... scalloped potatoes I love, well when someone else makes them ;)

Gina said...

DaVinci Code is pretty interesting. No facts to back it up, but interesting. I missed you!Welcome back!