Monday, September 18, 2006

another manic monday. this one was soooo dreary, i really had a hard time starting off the week! And it wasn't just me...everybody was like that today. I hate those grey weather days!
So we had the health and wellness expo this wkend. Not a huge turn out but we got a good response and alot of inquiries so it was definitely worth the while. would have prefered nicer saturday weather tho. can't control those darn skies no matter how much i try!
Had a bit of a scary moment on sunday. Jess has been having some difficulty with his ears being plugged lately and we have had to put drops in his ears most nights. Well, sunday morning he woke up and he literally couldn't hear anything. I was standing right in front of his face not an inch a way and he still couldnt hear me. He was pretty freaked out, and brooke was trying to talk to him, and i dont think i have ever seen him look so helpless. He went to the hospital, and the doctor did soemthing to him, which hurt alot, but at least it cleaned him out so he could hear again. We have to continue with these special drops, but hopefully it will clear up soon. He was pretty spooked, and he hates to admit when he is feeling like that. poor baby!!
I worked today and then i had to rush and go to Victorias school for meet the teacher nite. I have to admit, i was not overly impressed with the teacher herself. Kind of stand offish, and mildly rude if you ask me. I'm hoping we just caught her on a bad night, but she wasnt overly talkative except to tell me that my daughter victoria was.....talkative. Well that i already knew, but really. Is that really one of the first things you say to a parent when you first meet them? I live with her for goodness sake. You think i don't know she talks alot??? I got a gabber! I know it. But a hello nice to meet you would have been nice. Or even a smile.
Anyways...here are a few of my sponsor layouts. Nothing too fancy, but i was trying to stay pretty simple, due to time and jess saying i make my layouts too...toooo....something he says, lol.
So this is my darling brooke enjoying the sleep of angels :) I used Doris Castles' Pure Love kit found at Scrapbookgraphics. That doris really is talented! always has such a unique style. I have so many of her kits, but for some reason, i buy them, but never make the time to use them. I think i will make an album with just her kits, as she is pretty versatile!


This is a layout of one of my fave photos i took of Victoria on her 10th bday. Aint she pretty?? So hard to remember her as a little girl. This one i kept simple too, but also because i just really wanted the picture to stand out clear and loud! I have scrapped this photo a few times in a few different styles....and i will again in a few more different styles, lol. Here i used Ms. Tracy Blankenships Daddy's got the blues kit! I love Tracy! and was glad to be able to use her kit!

I would have posted these earlier but i had to wait til the Raks newsletter came out....hoped you nabbed it! if not, you can check it out at raks!
Well, jess brought home some new kind of funky chocolate ice cream bar tonite that i have never seen before...so i must go give it a nibble before i head to bed. Nite all!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Wow, gorgeous pages as always Jane. A know a beautiful 10 year old who looks just like her Mama!

Angela said...

LOVE the layouts! Just gorgeous!
Very scary about the ears... makes you think of how much you take them for granted doesn't it? I hope that the teacher gets better. Have to agree that a smile would have been a nice way to start..

Anonymous said...

OMG those are gorgeous!!

How scary about Jess's ears, hope all is well.

And when is life going to get a little more simple for you, geez!