Friday, November 17, 2006

quick postin tonite, but i wanted to pop in before headin off to bed! and post some layouts too!! I did a few sponsor layouts for the rakscraps newsletter...which is really awesome this month i thought! (more so than usual ;) And now that it has been released..so pop over and get it!! i can share my pics!! this first one is using the collaborative kit over at Scrapdish.com. My Brooke running along the water the first time she ever went to the beach! i have sooo many great pics from that day!

This one was for a joke on the dh, lol. He hates when i do layouts of him (or used to hate....he is used to it now i think and protests out of habit, hehe)...and he is always worried which photo is going to end up online, lol. And to tell the truth...I am EXTREMELY snap happy right now, and the poor guy is handling it pretty well! I used Rachel Dickensons Dare kit found at Scrapdish.com too!
This next one is using Correen Silke from Silkescraps kit. I really really loved this photo of brooke!! but the photo was sooo blurry and pixely it required an awful lot of work! i still see a few touchups to be made, but im pretty happy with how this one turned out. Im going to change the font and the journal placement too. For some reason i always have a hard time deciding where all the journaling goes. Am i the only one??
So....we lost ANOTHER girl at work this week....but we hired a new one too. does that mean that we are breaking even??? sigh. Can't wait til we pull ahead, and dont have to worry anymore! I have a work christmas party coming up but to tell you the truth im thinking of ditching it. really not looking forward to celebrating a holiday with people that arent very "true" ya kwim?
We are throwing one for our employees in a few weeks...but we want to keep it fun and not mandatory. Too many people go to those work things just cuz they feel they have too. We are going to be casual and just have a real good time! no work talk at all!!! yeahhh!!, lol.
On the childrens front, Brooke has been replaced by her evil twin. We miss Brooke. Her twin screams and yells, and kicks. yup. kicks. She jumps up and down on her bed just like those bratty kids do on the tv shows, which you always think no kid of mine would ever do. I dont know where it came from, but sheesh. That girl has a strong will....and we arent going to tell her, but i think it is stronger than mine and jess' put together, lol! I will pray tonite for missing little brooke to come back for a visit!
Starting xmas shopping tomorrow...i dread it!! but im looking forward to getting some new xmas decor for the new house!!! that part will be fun!
ok, im off for now!! tata!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, all the layouts are gorgeous, that first one is so sweet and soft, and the one of your dh had me chuckling. The last with Brooke on the steps, woman, that is stunning.

You have the worst luck with employees!! I hope things get better for you!

Angela said...

Oh those layouts are just amazing! LOVE that bottom one, and I think the journaling is spot on, but I do know where you are coming from I have the same issues never liking my placement.
Good to see that you are loving the new camera, and you got some wonderful snaps there too ;)
Hope that the work thing all goes well, and that you do find some "true" people soon.
lol, and I'll let you know what MAC is as it's not that obvious. It's stands for Mutual Appreciation Club, and it's a digi scrapping yahoo group.. lol, it's got nothing to do with an apple computer ;).
Have a great week.

Lee said...

Oh I love all 3 of these layouts! Just stunning! Particularly the effect on the pic in "Cherish" and also the gorgeous dreamy look in Freedom. Love the colours in Photo Shoot too! Just gorgeous! Oh and tell him to get over it! He has nice eyes, he's lucky you captured them ;)

Anonymous said...

I just had to say how amazing I think your layouts ALL are, they are exactly what I aspire too. Gorgeous.
The one of your dh made me laugh, and want to go take pics of mine!
Hope work starts getting better for you, sounds stressful.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! These layouts are simply gorgeous! That first one is breath taking! I just got some new Christmas decor for our new house too (we get the keys on Sunday) and I am SO excited to start decorating...it's been killing me not to have out tree up already ;)

Lee said...

Hi Jane, I have a question to ask you, would you mind emailing me at leequebee_at_vic_dot_australis_dot_com_au

I'd really appreciate it :)